Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chicken Broccoli Divan

April 7, 1994


1 pkg. frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
1 1/2 c. cooked cubed chicken
1 can cream of broccoli soup
1/3 c. milk
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 T. oleo, melted
2 T. dry bread crumbs

Combine oleo and bread crumbs. Set aside. Place chicken in a greased 10" x 6" casserole dish. Place broccoli on top of chicken. Combine soup and milk and pour over broccoli. Sprinkle on cheese then bread crumbs. Bake 20 minutes at 375*.

Danny, my nephew, stopped in to visit on his way to coaching basketball and we chowed down on this. He loves it!. It's a glorious sunshiny evening at 61* and Jody is washing her car. I am watching "Full House".
I don't understand humor in lippy kids.

An excerpt from my diary April 18, 1978 2:30 p. m.
Today there was a school luncheon and I received a volunteer award. I brought deviled eggs and Debbie kept sneaking them out. Nancy calls everyone her new word "bull-headed. There are soap bubble spot on my clean clothes on the clothesline. It is time for Joyland!