Friday, June 3, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers

April 21, 1983


6 large green bell peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 c. cooked rice
1 15oz. can seasoned tomato sauce
1  1/2 t. seasoned salt
3/4 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. ground oregano

Cut around stem of peppers and remove pith from inside. Boil 10 minutes. In a large skillet, brown beef and onion until red is gone. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes. Divide the meat between the 6 peppers. Arrange in a 7" x 11" glass dish to standing up. Bake 40 minutes at 350*.

This is easy and good. My kids eat green peppers before I get a chance to cook with them.

Today my daughter Debbie won the $500.00 jackpot at Bingo. She had to split with someone, bless her heart. She insisted on someone taking her shopping without me and bought me a food processor. I wore it out over the years. I learned real quick to take the last few slices of bread or buy day old to make bread crumbs. Same with corn flakes!